Attendance at School-Sponsored Dances
Attendance at school-sponsored dances is a privilege. All school rules, including the school’s discipline code, are in effect during school-sponsored dances.
Dances admit only Rock Falls High School students, with a couple of exceptions. If a student wishes to bring a guest to any dance, the student must register the guest by the announced date with an “Out of Building Request Form”. The Out of Building Request Form is verification that the student is under the age of 21 at the date of the dance, and if the guest is a student from another high school, that said student is in “Good Standing” at their high school. No student may bring more than one guest to a dance. All guests must show a Photo ID that corresponds to their Guest Verification information in order to enter any dance.
**Beginning in the school year 2020-2021, Prom will no longer be open to Freshmen. Students must have attained status of Sophomore, Junior or Senior. RFHS students that have not attained the following credits will not be allowed to attend Prom: Sophomores – 8; Juniors – 14; Seniors – 20. Guests that are students, at the minimum, must be Juniors.
School Dance Rules
- (New rule Spring 2020) Dancing must be facing your partner. Back to front or ‘grinding’ is NOT allowed.
- Dress code at the dance must follow the RFHS Handbook Guidelines
- There will be no insubordination or disrespectful behavior towards teachers, administrators, chaperones and/or security/police officers.
- There will be no use, possession, distribution, purchase, bartering or sale of tobacco, alcoholic beverages, illegal substances, or paraphernalia, or any look-alike substances aforementioned.
- Students attending the dance must be checked in no later than one hour after the start time of the dance. Students arriving after this time will not be allowed to attend the dance unless prior arrangements have been made by their parent/guardian.
- Students and guests who leave the event/building will not be readmitted.
- RFHS students must have all detention hours served and fines and fees paid prior to purchasing a ticket. Any student who has a truancy referral and/or 2 or more unexcused absences will not be allowed to attend any dance.
- Any student who drops out of RFHS will not be allowed to attend any high school dance.
- Any mid-year or early graduates of RFHS will not be allowed to attend any high school dance, unless they are a guest of another student.
- RFHS students classified as 5th year seniors may not attend school dances.
Any violation of the school’s discipline and/or dance policy will result in the student[s] immediate removal from the dance. The student’s parent/guardian will be contacted and legal consequences may be sought depending upon the severity of the offense. No refunds will be issued.
Any student removed from a dance may not be allowed to attend any other dances during the school year (and beyond).